FAIR Data Innovations Hub is a division of the California Medical Innovations Institute (CalMI2), a non profit biomedical research organization located in San Diego, California. We have a multidisciplinary team of enthusiasts about FAIR Data practices and software development.Learn more about CALMI2
Bhavesh Patel (he/him)
Bhavesh hails from Thiais, France. His expertise lies in modeling (mathematical) and computational simulations. He has also established significant knowledge of software development so he can accurately criticize his team's work. He is passionate about soccer and vegan croissants.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (UC Berkeley, 2015)
- M.A. in Mathematics (UC Berkeley, 2014)
- M.Sc. In Mechanical Engineering (UC Berkeley, 2013)
- Diplôme d'Ingénieur, Arts et Métiers ParisTech (2013)
Sanjay Soundarajan (he/him)
Sanjay moved from Sri Lanka to pursue higher education. His published works lie in the application of parallelization in Bioinformatics algorithms, development of Human Computer Interaction devices for accessibility and Big Data analysis. He loves exploring new places and trying out new cuisines.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science (California State University, Fresno, 2020)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science (California State University, Fresno, 2018)
Christopher Marroquin (he/him)
Christopher is a Central Valley native that has experience in desktop development and a focus on systems design and general web development. His hobbies include playing guitar, reading, and going to concerts.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science (California State University, Fresno, 2019)
Jacob Clark (he/him)
Jacob is a full-stack developer out of Fresno, CA that strives to create applications that are performant, easy to use, and create value for users. In his free time, Jacob enjoys reading, rock climbing, and playing basketball.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science (Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, 2021)
Dorian Portillo (they/them)
Dorian is a Guatemalan and Salvadoran frontend web developer with a focus on design and performance. They are non-binary and interested in seeing technology further progress society. During their free time they like spending time with family, playing video games and drinking matcha.
- B.Sc in Computer Science (Cal State University, San Bernardino, 2020)
Aydan Gasimova (she/her)
Aydan is from Azerbaijan and pursued her M.S degree in Computer Science. She has experience in web development with a focus on building scalable dynamic front-end web applications. She enjoys bike riding, sightseeing, and exploring new places.
- M.S. in Computer Science (University of North Dakota, 2022)
- B.S in Information technologies and system engineering (Azerbaijan State Economic University, 2017)
Ligia Amezcua (she/her)
Director of Finance and Administration
Ligia is a native of San Diego. She joined Calmi2 in September of 2014 and is responsible for financial management, accounting, budgeting, internal controls, and federal compliance. Ligia’s primary focus is to mentor the administrative staff, to work proudly, and professionally to support the research.
- M.B.A in Global Management (University of Phoenix, 2012)
- B.B.A. in Management (University of Redlands, 2000)
Krista Scrivner (she/her)
Contract and Grant Manager
Krista hails from North, South, East and West in the United States. She has been with Calmi2 for 8 years and assists the FAIR Data Innovations Hub with grant preparation, submission, and management. In her free time, she loves experimenting in the kitchen.
- B.A. in Sociology (UC Davis, 2006)
Martha Llona (she/her)
Human Resources Coordinator
Martha is a native of San Diego. She has been with Calmi2 for 5 years and assisting the FAIR Data Innovations Hub with all administrative needs since the beginning. Her hobbies are cooking, watching movies, reading and exploring new restaurants in San Diego.
Ismail Qaddoura (he/him)
Information Technology (IT) Manager
Ismail moved from Jordan to the United States to pursue his IT education. He joined the team in 2020 after running a successful IT company for 25 years. In his free time, he loves to spend time with his family and watch soccer.
- M.Sc. in Information Technology (Coleman University, San Diego, 1995)
- B.Sc. in Information Technology (Coleman University, San Diego, 1993)